Monday 4 January 2010

First pics

Here are my first pictures taken in the snow just before Christmas.

I don't claim to know anything about photography, but I will make a few comments on my own photos.

1.

I like the way the lightgives a warm glow to the rose hips on the trellis



















2.

I took two pictures of the scene, one with the houses in focus and one with the snow in focus. I prefered the one that really showed off the snowy 'pipecleaners' on the hedge'








3.

I liked the orange of the willow aganst the white of the snow and the branches 'pointing' at the 2 blackbirds sittng in the bare tree.















4.

I liked the incongrousness of the toy car in amongst the box ball hedges. (shame about the chair distraction).










5.

I couldn't resist the Marge Simpson hairstyles on these rosehips










6.

I liked the textures and the light












7.



I was surprised that I liked this one, but there is something about the glow of the brickwork in the house and the light from the bottom of the picture pointing towards it.













8.

I changed this one to black and white because I found the green hedge in the background distracting to the stripey shapes.












I am also reading a book about 52 photography projects so my next post will be about my exploration of white-colour balance.

1 comment:

  1. Love the pics and the snow too! hope u enjoyed with snow lol.

    So much snow!
    lol :-)

    ReplyDelete