Wednesday 23 December 2009

First post - New camera

I got a new camera for my birthday.

My 1st SLR camera. I have had it for a month and have already filled up my hard drive with pictures. I got a field guide to go with the camera. I have read the guide from cover to cover, but probably only stored 10% in my brain!

This blog will follow my life with this new camera. It is a canon EOS 500D.

I have had so much fun. I have been really enjoying the freedom of a digital camera, to take any shot without worrying about wasting film. I love seeing the world as potential photographs. I am appreciating my surrounding much more already, from the beautiful foggy sunrise across the snowy landscapes, to the reflection in a clock.

The recent snow has been a great subject, as are my family (as always).

I will post some pics soon.

4 comments:

  1. Hia Helen welcome to Blogland I hope you enjoy being a part of it all.

    Hubby has a canon eos 450d and loves it. I am an Olympus fan as the buttons are in the right place for someone as cack-handed as me. :-)

    Pop over any time to:
    http://jellybeanangel2.blogspot.com/
    Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda
    - Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogosphere.
    Photography truly changes your view of the world, have a lot of fun with it & I look forward to seeing the world through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does really sound like fun and I hope you like your camera and I really like camon camera's.

    Also welcome to blogger :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to Blogland Helen and thanks for visiting. The miracle of digital. Your Canon sounds fantastic. will be waiting for the great photos. Great opportunities in Cambridge.

    ReplyDelete